Swap ground beef for turkey and a bun for lettuce for a much healthier burger. Curb your cravings without paying for it later. Plus, this burger is a great lunch or dinner option on the Day-Off Diet. Find out more about the Day-Off Diet and take the Day-Off Diet Assessment so you can find out which social support group is right for you.
- 1 tbsp fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 2 tsp sweet relish
- 4 oz raw lean ground turkey (7% fat or less)
- 1 tbsp chopped onion
- 1 tbsp egg whites or fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- dash black pepper
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp salsa or Pico de Gallo with 90mg sodium or less per 2-tbsp serving
- 4 large (or 2 extra-large) iceberg or butter lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato slice
1. To make the sauce, in a small bowl, combine yogurt, mustard, and relish. Mix well.
2. In a medium bowl, combine turkey, onion, egg whites/substitute, garlic powder, and pepper. Evenly form into a 4-inch wide patty.
3. Bring a grill pan (or skillet) sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Cook patty for 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, combine black beans with salsa/pico de gallo in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave for 1 minute, or until hot. Mix well.
5. Stack two large lettuce leaves, and place tomato in the center (or stack two extra-large leaves, and place tomato over one half). Top with turkey patty and sauce, and finish with the remaining two large lettuce leaves (or wrap the extra-large leaves around the filling).
6. Serve with black beans.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!