Breakfast will be your favorite meal of the day with this delicious sweet treat. Get your morning dose of protein while enjoying the flavors of creamy peanut butter and sweet berries. This take on French toast is so delicious, no one will believe that you're on a diet. Find out more about the Day-Off Diet and take the Day-Off Diet Assessment so you can find out which social support group is right for you.
- 1/3 cup egg whites or fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 2 tbsp vanilla protein powder with about 100 calories per serving
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 no-calorie sweetener packet
- 2 slices light bread
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened mixed berries, thawed and drained
- 2 tsp creamy peanut butter
1. In a wide bowl, combine egg whites/substitute, protein powder, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and half of the sweetener packet. Whisk thoroughly.
2. Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat.
3. Thoroughly soak bread in egg mixture, until all the mixture has been absorbed. Cook until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
4. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine berries with peanut butter and the remaining half of the sweetener packet. Microwave for 15 seconds, or until peanut butter is warm. Stir to coat, and spoon over French toast.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!