Makeover your deep-fried potato classic with this crispy, spaghetti squash hash browns recipe. It's a delicious and healthy alternative that will become a new family favorite! Find out more about the Day-Off Diet and take the Day-Off Diet Assessment so you can find out which social support group is right for you.
- 2 1/4 lbs spaghetti squash, seeds removed, halved (about half a spaghetti squash)
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Cooking spray
1. Microwave whole squash for 6 minutes, or until soft enough to cut in half. Wrap remainder half of squash in plastic and refrigerate for later.
1. Place spaghetti squash pieces in a large micowave-safe bowl with 2 tablespoons of water. Cover and microwave for 8 minutes, or until soft.
2. Scrape the squash strands into a strainer, and let excess moisture drain. Thoroughly pat dry.
3. Transfer squash strands to a large bowl. Thoroughly mix in all remaining ingredients.
4. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Bring the skillet to high heat.
5. Add the squash mixture into the skillet, spread into an even layer, and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Flip the mixture and cook until lightly browned, about 2 more minutes.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Food Truth Series: What You Need to Know About Processed Meats.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!