Non-starchy turnips make golden, perfect French fries, making them a great substitute for starchy white potatoes. To make the best batch of turnip fries, be sure to peel turnips with their ends cut off and use a crinkle cutter or a knife to cut them. Try this turnip fries recipe as a snack or as a side dish to your lunch or dinner. Find out more about the Day-Off Diet and take the Day-Off Diet Assessment so you can find out which social support group is right for you.
- 1 1/2 lbs turnips (about 2 medium turnips)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- ketchup for dipping (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray 2 baking sheets with nonstick spray.
2. Cut turnips into French fry-shaped spears and lay them on the sheets. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes.
3. Flip spears and continue baking until tender on the inside and crispy on the outside, about 15 more minutes.
4. Let cool completely and serve with ketchup, if using.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Food Truth Series: What You Need to Know About Processed Meats.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!