Makes 2 servings
- 1/2 cup bran cereal
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning, or more to taste
- 1/8 tsp salt, or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup canned tomato sauce with Italian seasonings
- 1/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 2 oz (4 oz) raw boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- black pepper (optional)
In a blender or food processor, grind cereal into crumbs. Transfer to a wide bowl and mix in Italian seasoning, salt, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon onion powder.
In a small bowl, mix tomato sauce with remaining 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and remaining 1/4 teaspoon onion powder.
Place egg substitute in another wide bowl (or beat egg in the bowl). One at a time, using tongs, coat chicken cutlets with egg, shake to remove excess, and coat with crumbs.
Bring an extra-large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Lay coated cutlets in the skillet and cook for about 4 minutes per side, until chicken is cooked through.
Evenly spread sauce over chicken cutlets, still in the skillet. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
Reduce heat to low and cover skillet. Cook until cheese has melted, 2 to 3 minutes. Enjoy!