A quick and easy instant pot chicken and rice is the perfect one-pot meal for busy weeknights. The instant pot is an amazing device that combines the best features of a slow cooker and a pressure cooker — it regulates heat automatically and cooks dishes in record time! Save yourself the hassle and forget the takeout — you can now make the ultimate comfort food with tender chicken, juicy mushrooms, and fragrant rice right at home.
This recipe is adapted from Pressure Cooker Recipes.
- 6 dried shiitake mushrooms, marinated
- 6-8 chicken drumsticks, marinated
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Shredded ginger, for garnish
- Green onions. for garnish
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce (not low-sodium soy sauce)
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp Shaoxing rice wine
- A dash of white pepper powder
- 1 tbsp ginger, shredded
- 1 tsp five-spice powder
1. Place the dried shiitake mushrooms in a small bowl. Rehydrate them with cold water for 20 minutes.
2. Chop the drumsticks into two pieces. Then, marinate the chicken and mushrooms with the marinade sauce for 20 minutes.
3. Rinse rice under cold water. Pour out the milky water and continue to rinse until the water is clear. Then, drain the water.
4. Add the rice, 1 teaspoon of salt, and marinated chicken and mushrooms, and 1½ cups of water into a pressure cooker.
5. Close the lid. Cook in high pressure for 9 minutes with an electric pressure cooker, then, natural release for 15 minutes.
6. Serve immediately.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Your Food Deconstructed: Deli Meats.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!