When going on a juice cleanse, you are actually stripping away a lot of fiber from fruits and vegetables. This fruit snack is a good way to use leftover pulp from juicing that you would otherwise throw in the trash. Use it to your advantage and make sure you are getting enough fiber in your diet. Snack on these to satisfy cravings throughout the day, while getting the essential nutrients from whole fruits.
- leftover fruits/vegetables fiber pulp leftover from juicing (leftover from the morning smoothie).
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 unsalted, unsweetened almond butter
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Place leftover fruit/veggie pulp in a large bowl.
2. In a food processor, lightly pulse the oats and combine with the pulp in the mixing bowl. Add the walnuts and flax seed and continue pulsing.
3. Add the honey and almond butter to the mixing and mix all of it together. Once the mixture has formed dough, take it out and roll out evenly on a cookie sheet. Cut the dough into 8 bars and spread them slightly apart
4. Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes, until cooked through. Cool for 10 minutes.
5. Store the cookies in the refrigerator in a plastic container, or wrap in plastic wrap for snacks throughout the week and enjoy!
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in How to Make a Cleanse Work: What Everyone Gets Wrong.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!