Kabocha is a Japanese pumpkin that is filled with essential vitamins and nutrients. Cook this quick and healthy soup for dinner and save the leftovers for lunch.
- 2-3 tbsp unrefined coconut oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 medium kabocha pumpkin, seeds removed, peel on, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp white miso
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
1. In a large pot, heat the oil and cook the ginger and garlic until fragrant (about 1 minute).
2. Toss in the pumpkin and sautee, stirring occasionally, for about 5-7 minutes, until the pumpkin browns a little. Add the broth.
3. In a small bowl, mix the miso with a little water, the mirin, and sugar and add to the pot. Stir well and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, until the pumpkin is soft.
4. Serve topped with the pumpkin seeds.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!