The Kitchen Diva returns with this delicious chicken recipe your whole family will love.
- 4 oz (4 oz) skinless, boneless, hicken Breast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, stem removed, seeded and diced
- 1/2 lb asparagus, cut into 1-in pieces
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken stock or water
- 2 cups cooked brown rice or whole wheat couscous
Rinse the chicken under cold water. Pat the pieces dry with food-safe paper towels. Season the chicken with the poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
In a large, non-stick skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the chicken to the skillet. Cook the chicken about 5 minutes. If you are using fish, adjust the cooking time to 3 to 4 minutes per side. Turn the pieces over and cook for another 5 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in the garlic and the red pepper. Add the asparagus and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the zest and the chicken stock or water and turn the heat to low. Cover and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Serve immediately over hot rice or couscous.