Laura Prepon's roasted-chicken recipe is so simple, it's hard to go wrong. Prepon's healthy take on the classic, family favorite dish is ideal for those looking to lighten up their diet. Olive oil, garlic, and herbs are all you need for a fantastically delicious chicken that will leave you craving more.
- 1 4 lb chicken
- 1 small orange
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F. Cut orange into 2-3 slices and stuff into cavity of chicken, followed by garlic cloves and herbs.
2. Pat chicken dry. Then rub olive oil all over the outside. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
3. Tie legs together with cooking twine. Tie wings close to the body. Place on small rack on baking sheet.
4. Cook for 1 hour or until juices run clear. If the skin starts to get too gloden brown before the hour is up, cover with tin foil to prevent burning.
5. Allow chicken to cool until warm to touch. Pull meat away from bones. Transfer to glass container.
Recipe from The Stash Plan.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Dr. Oz Investigates the Best Money Secrets You Haven’t Tried.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!