Yields 4 to 6 servings
- 3/4 lb cherry tomatoes, ripe and sweet
- 12 large fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup whole almonds, lightly toasted
- 1 plump garlic clove, crushed and peeled
- 1/4 tsp peperoncino or to taste
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt or kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1/2 cup freshl grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Grana Padano
- 1/2 tsp salt
With the machine still running, pour in the olive oil in a steady stream, emulsifying the purée into a thick pesto. Taste and adjust seasoning. (If you’re going dress the pasta within a couple of hours, leave the pesto at room temperature. Refrigerate it for longer storage, up to 2 days, but let it return to room temperature before cooking the pasta.)
To cook the spaghetti, heat 6 quarts of water, with 1 tbsp salt, to a boil in the large pot. Scrape all the pesto into a big warm bowl.
Cook the spaghetti al dente, lift it from the cooking pot, drain briefly, and drop onto the pesto. Toss quickly to coat the spaghetti, sprinkle the cheese all over, and toss again. Serve immediately in warm bowls.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!