- 6 eggs, from pastured (happy) hens
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 medium-sized onion, thinly sliced
- 3 to 4 cups zucchini or summer squash, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Heat a 5-6 inch oven proof pan (preferably cast iron) over medium-high heat. Melt a few tablespoons of coconut oil, then add the onions and zucchini. Cook until soft.
Add the garlic, continue to cook until aromatic and the garlic is golden.
While the veggies are cooking, whisk the eggs, coconut milk, chopped herbs, and sea salt.
Pour the egg mixture into the vegetable pan then transfer into the oven.
Bake for about 15-25 minutes (size of pan will determine how long it takes in the oven).
Once the center of the frittata is “set” (you can use a toothpick or fork to check), remove from the oven and serve with or over mixed salad greens.