This is a little twist on the classic French endive salad. Mango gives it a major infusion of tropical flavor plus a kick of vitamin C and A and an extra helping of antioxidants.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into thin 2-inch long strips
- 2 heads endive, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 apple, cored, quartered and cut into thin quarter moon discs
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 oz maytag blue or other blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp walnut or grape seed oil
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
Toss the mango, endive and apple slices, walnuts and blue cheese with the vinegar and oil. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in 5 Energy Boosters That Work.