- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 5 cloves of garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1/2 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 can (28 oz) peeled whole tomatoes
In a 3-quart saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft and light golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Add the thyme and carrot and cook 5 minutes more, until the carrot is quite soft.
Add the tomatoes and juice and bring to a boil, stirring often. Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes until as thick as hot cereal.
Season with salt and serve.