Using the brown rice as a base, this is an easy dish to make any day during the week. Brown rice is full of fiber and other nutrients that white rice lacks. The eggs and chives on top is a great way to make this recipe more versatile and add some protein and flavor.
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup chives, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp light sesame oil
- salt and pepper
1. Combine brown rice and water over high heat.
2. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and partly cover.
3. Cook, stirring occasionally and adding more water if necessary.
4. Cook until rice is tender and thick, about 45 to 60 minutes. Stir in the chives.
5. Fry the eggs with sesame oil.
Serve the eggs over rice.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!