Chef Ming Tsai believes you can prevent cancer by eating the right foods and maintaining good nutrition. Maitake mushrooms, used in this stir-fry, are anti-inflammatory and help the immune system. Bok choy, another key component of this recipe, contains compounds that protect cells from DNA damage.
- 1 lb maitake or shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 serrano chile, minced
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced (save 1 tbsp for garnish)
- 3 cups shredded bok choy
- 1 cup edamame
- 2 tbsp Wan Ja Shan Vegetable oyster sauce
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- canola oil, to cook with
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts for garnish
1. In a large wok or sauté pan, add canola oil, garlic, ginger, chile, and scallions and sauté for one minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Add mushrooms and bok choy and sauté for four minutes until soft. Then add edamame, vegetable oyster sauce, and lemon juice and sauté for one minute. Taste for proper seasoning and add salt and pepper, if necessary, to taste. Serve with sweet potato-ginger fried rice.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!