If you're on The Monday Dieter plan, indulge in dessert with this low-calorie frozen treat. The best part is that you can make this recipe and freeze it for a month to enjoy. If it's too hard to scoop, simply temper in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving or microwave on high for five to 10 seconds.
- 2 tsp stevia
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tbsp raw agave nectar
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries
1. Mix the stevia and xanthan gum together in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
2. Pour the agave, lemon juice, and water into a high-powered blender. Cover and blend until well combined. Add the stevia and xanthan mixture to the blender. Cover and blend on low until the mixture is well combined, about 10 seconds.
3. Add the still-frozen strawberries to the blender. Cover and blend on high while pushing the strawberries down into the blade until the mixture is smooth but still frozen, about 5 to 10 seconds.
4. Spoon the strawberry ice into paper cups or chilled bowls and serve immediately.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!