- 1 cup uncooked farro
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 4-5 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup assorted mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. Place the farro in a bowl and cover with cool water for about an hour before you begin cooking, then drain.
2. Lightly coat the bottom of a pot with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Add 1 1/2 tablespoon of butter, chopped onion and garlic. Sauté on low heat.
3. Add 1 cup of soaked farro. Stir mixture for a few minutes until it is brown.
4. Heat up low-sodium chicken broth in medium saucepan. Add one cup of broth at a time to farro mixture and stir. Add remaining broth and stir until farro is cooked.
5. Sauté mushrooms, parsley and garlic separately in another pan lightly coated with butter.
6. Combine all ingredients in pot and stir until everything is mixed. Top with grated Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!