If you're bored of tossing the same old greens to make the same old salad, then this recipe is for you. Throw those greens on the stove, add a handful or three of Italian-style chicken sausage, and round out the mix with cannellini beans. Watch the heat work wonders (but don't forget to stir!). Try this recipe with escarole, kale, or swiss chard if your pallette so desires.
- 7 oz precooked hot Italian-style chicken sausage
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 12 cups coarsely chopped mustard greens
- 2 cups canned cannellini beans
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1. Cut about 7 oz precooked hot Italian-style chicken sausage (2 to 3 links) into rounds.
2. Brown in 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, turning, about 6 min.
3. Add 1 Tbsp more oil with 1 cup chopped onion, 2 garlic cloves (minced), ¾ tsp coarse salt, and ½ tsp pepper; cook until softened, 3 min.
4. Add about 12 cups coarsely chopped mustard greens (from 1 lb, ribs removed) in batches and cook, stirring, until just wilted, about 3 min.
5. Add 2 cups rinsed and drained canned cannellini beans and ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth.
6. Simmer until broth is reduced by half, 3 min.
Watch The Video
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!