Makes 2 servings
- 1 head Romaine hearts
- 1 head purple endive leaves
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, diced
- 10 flax crackers (gluten free)
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp wheat-free tamari
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 1 date (or 1 tsp of honey)
- 1/2 tsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1/2 scoop PGX
Wash and dry romaine hearts and endive leaves.
Chop pineapple and layer on top of the greens. Top with a light dusting of capers, flax crackers and grated hard cheese if desired. Set aside.
Blend all dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth and creamy texture is achieved. Top salad with 4 tbsp of Caesar dressing and serve in 2 portions (1 serving each).
Store unused dressing in refrigerator for up to 1 week.