Registered dietitan Ashley Koff modified the popular green detox soup and added healthy add-ons like plant-based protein, healthy fats, and antioxidants for a soup you can enjoy multiple times a day without worrying about your waistline.
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp diced onion
- 3 cups broccoli
- 1/2 lb spinach leaves
- 2 parsnips, peeled, cored, chopped
- 2 ribs of celery, trimmed, chopped
- 1 handful fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- fresh water, as needed
- sea salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- lemon or lime juice
- 2 tbsp plant-based protein per serving like cashews, lentils, hemp seeds, or almonds
- 1/2 cup frozen berries, chopped sweet potato chunks, or chopped carrots per serving
1. Fry the garlic and onions in a stockpot.
2. Add water and chopped ingredients to pot.
3. Boil until soft.
4. Pour into a blender to blend together or use an immersion blender in the pot.
5. Ladle soup into bowls and add 2 tablespoons of a plant-based protein, like cashews, lentils, hemp seeds, or almonds, and a half-cup of color, like frozen berries, chopped sweet potato chunks, or chopped carrots to each serving.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Waist Trainer Disasters You Have to See to Believe.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!