This dish takes two minutes to prepare and four hours to make. During those hours you can do some chores, laundry, or just relax and read a book. Meanwhile the stew will cook into a filling and delicious dish full of flavor.
- 8 chicken thighs, skin on and bone in
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 preserved lemons, roughly chopped
- 3 cups chickpeas, home-cooked or drained from cans
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1-2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 tsp saffron threads
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup green olives, pitted
- pinch fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Put everything in the slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours.
2. Once the stew is ready, remove slow cooker from its base and let stand for 10-15 minutes with the lid off.
3. Discard the skin and bones and shred the chicken. Scatter with cilantro and place in a warm bowl to serve.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in The Truth About Zero Calorie Foods.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!