Most people in 2017 lead active, on-the-go lifestyles. Living in such a fast-paced world has its own drawbacks but eating healthy does not have to be one of them. Say goodbye to the late night takeout menu and hello to a new way to save calories and money. Make your hectic mornings a breeze and prepare your oatmeal jars up to a week in advance. You'll have a hearty and satisfying meal ready to go before the sun rises.
Recipe from America's Test Kitchen.
- 1 mason jar
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup water or almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (optional)
- 1 banana (optional)
- 1/4 cup raspberries (optional)
- 1/4 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1. Pour rolled oats and any additional fixings of choice into a mason jar.
2. When ready to eat, add liquid of choice (milk or water can be added, depending on how thick you like it.)
Note: Calorie count only reflects oatmeal.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Dr. and Chef-Approved: The 5-Day Easy Meal System.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!