Whether you're a vegetarian or meat eater, this quick and easy recipe is a one-pan weeknight wonder. Simply mix the teriyaki marinade with your preferred protein, wrap it in parchment paper, and pop it in the oven for hands-off baking. Enjoy with a side of whole grains and sautéed vegetables for a complete meal.
Recipe courtesy of BuzzFeed
- 1 14-oz tofu block, or 1 large chicken breast
- 1 carrot
- 1 red pepper
- 10 broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 slices ginger, minced or sliced
- 1 sprig scallion, chopped
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Place two sheets of paper towels on a cutting board and put tofu on top. Put two sheets of paper towels on top of the tofu.
3. Place heavy books or cast iron pans on top of tofu for at least 20 minutes to drain water.
4. In a small bowl, mix ingredients and pour marinade over tofu. Refrigerate for an hour.
5. Fold the parchment paper in half, then open up.
6. Place carrots, peppers, and broccoli on parchment paper and drizzle on oil and sprinkle on salt and pepper.
7. Lay the tofu or chicken on the veggies, and cinch the paper together by folding it over itself along the edges.
8. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes for tofu, or until chicken is fully cooked.
9. Serve over rice or pasta. Enjoy!
Calorie count is based on teriyaki chicken.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!