Pegan 365 limits the amount of carbs that you can have on a daily basis. Instead of wasting a carb serving and calories on pasta, try out this spaghetti squash alternative. Topped with delicious homemade sauce, you won't even miss regular pasta.
Recipe from Rosane Oliveira, DVM, PhD
- 1 spaghetti squash, medium
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth, no salt added
- 1/2 15 oz can artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained, and chopped
- 1/2 15 oz can diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 1 clove roasted garlic, sliced
- 1/4 onion, large, minced
- 1 oz black olives, sliced
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. To prepare spaghetti squash, preheat oven to 400°F, then slice squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Place squash on a roasting pan with a little water to cover the bottom, then cook for 30-45 minutes or until tender.
2. Begin preparing the sauce by heating a pan on medium-high heat. Add onions stirring until golden brown. Add half of the broth to pan to loosen onion.
3. Add remaining ingredients and stir. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium, simmering for eight to 10 minutes.
4. Remove spaghetti squash from the oven and use a fork to pull the squash from the peel. Place in bowl and top with tomato sauce and sliced roasted garlic.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!