Keep these little bites in your freezer for a quick burst of energy when you feel tired or are simply looking for a sweet treat. The nuts, seeds, and other healthy ingredients in this recipe are guaranteed to boost your mood and make for a filling snack.
- 1 cup cashews (soaked for a few hours in water, drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 4 dates (softened in some hot water for 10 minutes, then roughly chopped)
- pinch sea salt
- 1/3 cup dried milk powder
- cocoa powder or finely shredded unsweetened coconut for coating (optional)
1. Purée all ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate for about an hour.
2. Once cold and firm, portion out mixture with a teaspoon or very small scoop and roll into balls (about 3/4 inch in diameter). If you want, you can then roll them in some cocoa powder or shredded coconut for a coating.
3. Store in a bag or airtight container in the freezer.
**Note: Calorie count does not include the optional cocoa or coconut toppings.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!