Yield: about 2 cups
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes (not packed in oil), coarsely chopped
- 1 can (15-oz) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
To soften the sundried tomatoes: Bring one cup of water to a boil in a saucepan. Add tomatoes, cover and remove from heat. Let stand 10 minutes.
Drain tomatoes in a colander over a bowl and reserve the liquid. Chop tomatoes coarsely.
Place sundried tomatoes, beans, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth, adding the reserved tomato liquid in small amounts until desired consistency is obtained. Add the feta and oregano and pulse until combined.
Transfer the dip to a bowl and enjoy with vegetables or toasted whole-wheat pita.
This dip can be covered tightly and refrigerated for up to three days.