This gluten-free, vegan, and Paleo recipe from blogger Melissa King is the a great dessert to have on hand. These decadent cups are naturally flavored with spices and maple syrup rather than sugar—making them a healthy treat for friends and family.
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (or canned pumpkin)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp clove
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 dark chocolate bar
- 1/4 cup almond milk
1. In a food processor, blend up the pecans into a fine meal.
2. Then add the pumpkin, maple syrup, and spices. Continue to pulse until everything is well mixed. Set aside.
3. In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate and milk on medium-low heat. Stir often until the chocolate becomes smooth.
Get a standard-sized muffin tin and place some liners into it. Silicone liners make the removal super simple.
3. Place a small amount of chocolate into the bottom of each cup.
4. Stick the muffin pan in the freezer for 10 minutes.
5. Once it’s frozen, add the pumpkin/pecan mixture and then top the cups with more chocolate.
6. Stick back into the freezer for a few hours to firm them up. Take them out of the freezer and let sit for about five minutes. Then, eat and enjoy!
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Dr. Oz Food Investigation: Low-Calorie Chip Craze.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!