This vibrant salad is bursting with flavor and nutrition.
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup dried wild blueberries
- 7 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 apple, cored and sliced
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 1 orange, peeled, sliced and quartered
- 1 fresh pomegranate, seeds removed from white pith
- 1/2 cup walnut halves, toasted
Dressing: Combine the olive oil with balsamic vinegar. Add the wild blueberries, squashing them a little to release their juices.
Add a little thyme to the feta cheese and set aside.
Salad: Combine the apple, celery, orange and pomegranate in a bowl. Then, add the toasted walnut halves.
Add the feta cheese and dressing, toss together and serve with hot crusty bread.