Created for the Engine 2 Diet, this recipe will help you pass Drill 3 with flying colors. These brownies containing applesauce instead of oils and ground flax seed meal instead of eggs. To purchase your copy of The Engine 2 Diet, click here.
Makes about 20 brownies
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp egg substitute mixed with 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp soy milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups dairy-free chocolate chips or chunks
Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine the sugars and applesauce with an electric or handheld mixer. Beat in the Ener-G mixture, soy milk, vanilla, and vinegar. Combine the dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a separate bowl. Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients, then stir in the chocolate chips. Pour the batter into a sprayed 9x13 inch baking dish. Bake for 16-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.