Cooking for a crowd is always difficult but this roasted chicken breast recipe is sure to please every guest. Enjoy juicy, flavorful chicken with a crispy browned skin, along with a side of creamy fingerling potatoes.
Recipe and photo courtesy of America's Test Kitchen.
- 2 1/2 lbs fingerling potatoes, unpeeled, halved lengthwise
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 8 12-ounce bone-in split chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
- Lemon wedges
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 500°F. Spray bottom of 16 by 12‑inch roasting pan with vegetable oil spray. Toss potatoes, garlic, two tablespoons oil, one teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in bowl. (Seasoned, raw potatoes can be stored in plastic bag for up to 24 hours.) Spread potatoes evenly into prepared pan and roast for 20 minutes.
2. Brush chicken with remaining two tablespoons oil and season with salt and pepper. Lay chicken, skin side up, on top of potatoes. Roast until chicken registers 160°F and skin has started to crisp, about 30 minutes.
3. Remove pan from oven. Adjust oven rack eight inches from broiler element and heat broiler. Broil until chicken skin is golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Remove pan from oven. Transfer chicken to platter, tent with aluminum foil, and let rest for 10 minutes. Transfer garlic to bowl and mash into paste with fork. Add mashed garlic and chives to potatoes and toss together. Serve with lemon wedges.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Dr. and Chef-Approved: The 5-Day Easy Meal System.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!