It's dinnertime and you need a go-to dish that everyone in the family will love, something both the kids and your health-conscious relatives would enjoy. This snapper dish from celebrity chef Roble Ali has tomatoes, olives, and capers and can do no wrong. It's both zesty and smoky and sure to please everyone at the table.
- 4-5 oz 2 snapper filets, skin on
- 14 cherry tomatoes
- 6 olives, pitted and sliced in half
- 1 tbsp capers
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice and zest of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp Italian parsley, rough chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
1. Place a medium-sized sauté pan over medium-high heat. Gently press down the tomatoes with the side of a knife so they break and flatten out; reserve any juice that comes out. Add oil to the pan just to lightly coat the bottom, add the tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper. Allow the tomatoes to brown on one side.
2. Lower the heat to medium low and turn the tomatoes. Add minced garlic and cook for about one minute or until light golden brown. Add capers, olives, and any reserved tomato juice.
3. Heat a medium-sized nonstick pan on medium-high heat. Coat the pan with olive oil and season the fish fillets with olive oil, salt, and pepper and lay in pan skin side down. Press the fish down to the pan surface with a spatula for about a minute or until the fish relaxes and flattens out. Continue cooking for another two to three minutes until the skin and edges of the fish are golden brown. Flip the fish and cook for one more minute. Transfer the fish onto paper towels.
4. Evenly distribute the tomato mixture on two plates, place a piece of fish skin side up on top of the tomatoes. Finish the fish with freshly squeezed lemon juice and top with lemon zest, chopped parsley, and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in The Ultimate Supermarket Takeover.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!