Chef Rocco DiSpirito recommends cooking with chicken thighs as much as you cook with chicken breasts because they offer great flavor with a tender texture when cooked over a sauté pan. With his recipe below, you'll end up with a crispy and thin chicken skin you'll crave. Try garnishing the chicken with capers and Italian parsley or a salsa verde for extra flavor.
- 4 organic skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp fresh Italian parsley, chopped
1. Season the chicken on its skin side with salt and black pepper.
2. Place chicken with skin down in a cold, large nonstick sauté pan and then place over medium heat. Allow the skin to stick to the bottom of the pan and increase to high heat.
3. Cook chicken with skin side down until each side is browned, about 10 minutes.
4. Place in a 350°F oven until fully cooked, about five minutes.
5. Once chicken is fully cooked, carefully remove from pan with a fish spatula to keep the skin intact. Transfer to rack and leave in oven.
6. Add the remaining olive oil to the pan and cook over high heat. Add the capers to the pan to fry, and then add the parsley and fry until crisp. Top chicken thighs with this sauce.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Dirty Discounts: Are Prices at the Discount Department Stores Too Good to Be True?.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!