The quinoa breakfast bowl has become the new green juice. Packed with nutrients and fiber, it is the perfect power food to begin your day. Chef Rocco DiSpirito's recipe makes for an ideal breakfast if you are worried about bloating. Strawberries are the ultimate fat burner, since they regulate the leptin-producing process. Leptin is what tells us we're full, so this strawberry-packed breakfast bowl will leave you feeling satisfied.
Recipe from: The Negative Calorie Diet by Rocco DiSpirito.
- 4 cups strawberries (can also add raspberries, blueberries or blackberries)
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 20 almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
1. Divide berries in bowls.
2. Place the other ingredients in another bowl and toss together.
3. Sprinkle the mixture over the berries.
4. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of fat-free Greek yogurt, if desired.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!