Kick high-calorie coconut macaroons to the curb, and indulge in these healthy coconut clusters instead. Replacing sugary and calorie filled coconut shread with parsnip is the secret way to enjoy two of these treats for only 41 calories!
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat, unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup grated parsnips grated on small holes of box grater
- 1/2 tbsp grated parsnips grated on small holes of box grater
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp lowfat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp coconut nectar or agave
- 1/4 tsp coconut extract (or vanilla extract)
- pinch of salt
1. Combine all ingredients in a tall dish and then microwave 2 minutes. (Or cook on the stovetop until it’s firm enough to scoop into ball shapes.)
2. Scoop balls onto a cookie tray. (I used a melon baller, but a spoon or ice-cream scoop will work.) Cook at 350°F for 8-10 minutes.
3. Let cool before removing from tray. Tip: Melt some sugar-free, naturally sweetned dark chocolate and drixxle over the clusters before cooking an adult meal.
Photo Credit: The Negative Calorie Diet by Rocco DiSpirito. Published by Harper Collins, 2015.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!