Don't skip dessert! Instead, indulge in one of these low-calorie almond and mixed berry cupcakes. The almond flour gives the cupcakes protein, so you only need one to fill you up and satisfy your sweet tooth.
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2 eggs, separated; 1 yolk discarded
- 4 packets stevia extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp raw coconut nectar
- 1 cup mixed blackberries, blueberries and strawberries, mashed with a fork
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Place the almond meal on a baking sheet and bake in the oven until toasted and aromatic, for around 3-5 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer the toasted meal to a cool baking sheet.
3. Put the egg whites and stevia extract in a mixing bowl and whisk until the egg whites form stiff peaks. Spray mini cupcake tray (4x4) with olive oil cooking spray.
4. Pour the cooled almond meal into a clean mixing bowl and add the egg yolk, vanilla, salt, and coconut nectar. Fold the egg whites into the almond mixture and spoon the batter into the prepared cupcake trays, and bake at 350°F until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes; then turn the oven down to 300°F and bake until fully cooked through, 12 minutes. Cool and top with the berries.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!