While cauliflower is a popular alternative for pizza crust, Rocco DiSpirito recommends using spinach instead because it has a milder flavor and blends with other ingredients better. Cut your carb intake and swap out your normal pizza order with this recipe.
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- fresh basil, to taste
- fresh oregano, to taste
1. Blend cheese and spinach together in a food processor.
2. Stir in the egg and herbs and pour mixture onto a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet.
3. Bake spinach crust at 400°F for about 15 minutes, or until crispy.
4. Add on your favorite toppings (tomato sauce, cheese, pepperoni, vegetables, etc.) and broil until toppings are warmed.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in 99 Food Hacks You Can’t Live Without.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!