Create Rocco's vegan chili recipe at home!
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped carrots
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups green and/or red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 can (28 oz) of diced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 can (15 oz) organic black beans
- 1 can (15 oz) organic kidney beans
- 1 can (15 oz) whole kernel corn
- 1 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- shredded soy cheese (optional)
Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, beans, and corn. Season with oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in lime juice and cilantro just before serving. Top with 1/2 cup of chopped onions and soy cheese, if using.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!