Want to get your protein and healthy fats in all at once? This salmon and chive burger recipe invites all the superfoods to the party. Bon appétit!
- 1/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 3/4 lb skinless salmon fillet, chopped in a food processor
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/3 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- vegetable oil, for grill
- 1 whole wheat flatbread or pita, cut into 8 squares or wedges
- 1 tbsp mango salsa
- 1 tbsp guacamole
1. Bring 1⁄2 cup water and the quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Simmer, covered, until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes. Let cool.
2. Mix together salmon, celery, shallot, chives, egg, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and cooked quinoa. Form mixture into 4 patties (about 4 inches each).
3. Heat a well-oiled grill or grill pan to medium heat. Cook burgers, flipping once, until golden brown and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve between flatbread squares.
4. Add mango salsa and/or spicy guacamole on top.
Watch The Video
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!