Nori, also known as the sea vegetable seaweed, is loaded with vitamin C and antioxidants that may help your brain function. Try out this delicious Asian-inspired recipe from Chef Ralph Scamardella for dinner.
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 lbs medium-size shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp togarashi
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp chopped ginger
- 1 cup mayonaisse
- 1 tbsp prepared wasabi
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1/4 oz toasted falored nori
- dash of lemon juice
- sliced tomato
- 6 multigrain buns
- red leaf lettuce
1. Begin by toasting the breadcrumbs until golden brown.
2. Pulse them in the food processer and then set aside.
3. Add the shrimp, chives, parsley, salt and togarashi into the food processor.
4. For the sauce, mix together the soy sauce, ginger, mayo, wasabi, salt, pepper, and a dash of lemon juice and set aside. Slice the tomato and red leaf lettuce and set aside.
5. Make six ounce patties with the shrimp mixture in the food processor and set aside.
6. Spray a non-stick pan with vegetable spray. Cook the shrimp patties for about three to four minutes until golden brown. When the patty firms up, it is cooked.
7. Slice and toast the buns. Once toasted, spread wasabi sauce on the inside. Assemble the burger with a patty, red lettuce, nori, and tomato.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in The Truth About the Latest Internet Diets: What Works?.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!