A rich source of vitamins A, K and C and folate, kale is a nutrition powerhouse.
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 bunches kale, rinsed, stems removed and torn in medium-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup water, or more as needed
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
Add kale, water, salt and pepper to the pan. You will probably have to add the kale in batches, stirring to wilt one batch before adding more. Cook until just wilted but still bright green. Stir in lemon zest and freshly grated nutmeg.
Original recipe, Lisa Dixon Arose, BS, MBA, Certified Personal Chef
Dietetic Intern, Bastyr University & Medical Unit Intern at The Dr. Oz Show
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!