A good source of fiber, potassium, and vitamin C, broccoli is the perfect dinnertime side dish. The additional olive oil and garlic adds a warm savory taste that everyone is sure to love.
Recipe from America's Test Kitchen.
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp minced fresh thyme, or pinch dried
- 1 lb broccoli florets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp water
1. Combine 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, and thyme in bowl. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Add broccoli and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, without stirring, until beginning to brown, about 2 minutes.
2. Add water, cover, and cook until broccoli is bright green but still crisp, about 2 minutes. Uncover and continue to cook until water has evaporated and broccoli is crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
3. Clear center of pan, add garlic mixture, and cook, mashing mixture into skillet, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir garlic mixture into broccoli. Transfer broccoli to serving dish and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Dr. and Chef-Approved: The 5-Day Easy Meal System.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!