Red onions and steak are a perfect flavor pairing. Try out this delicious recipe for dinner — and save the leftovers for lunch!
- 12 oz boneless rib-eye steak
- 4 medium red onions, sliced
- 4 oz red wine
- 2 oz beef broth
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 sprig of oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. Trim steaks and pat dry with kitchen towels. Season with salt and pepper.
3. In a large pan, under medium heat, brown steaks for about two minutes on each side.
3. Add the rosemary, oregano, and then the butter and baste steaks for two minutes.
4. Transfer steaks onto a tray and place into oven for about four minutes.
5. In the same pan, add the red onions and stir well until wilted. Deglaze with red wine.
6. Bring mixture to a boil, add the broth, and let simmer for three minutes.
7. Meanwhile, remove steak from oven and let rest for at least three minutes.
8. To serve, place steaks on plates and spoon the red onion sauce on top. Serve with baked potatoes or rice.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!