Serves 2 to 4
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 shallot or 1/2 of a small yellow onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups red or green cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup carrots, grated
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 to 3 tbsp of fish sauce
- 1-inch ginger piece, peeled and grated
- Stevia to taste
- Handful of basil, julienned
- 12 mint leaves, minced
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded and sliced into 1/2 moons
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Small handful of cilantro, chopped
In a medium skillet add coconut oil over medium-high heat.
Add shallot and garlic. Saute until they are starting to caramelize - about 5 minutes. Add chicken and saute until brown. Set aside.
Whisk limes, red pepper flakes, fish sauce, ginger and stevia.
Toss chicken, veggies and herbs.