- A few spoonfuls of coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 can coconut milk
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2-inch chunk of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 2 stalks lemongrass, cut into chunks and bruised with the back of a knife to bring out flavors
- 3 to 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 pound chicken, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of mushrooms, chopped
- Dash of stevia
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Fresh cilantro chopped for garnish
- Wheat-free tamari to taste
Melt coconut oil in a soup pot. Add jalapeno, onions and garlic and saute until fragrant (a couple of minutes).
Pour in coconut milk, broth, ginger, lemongrass, lime zest, fish sauce and chicken in to the soup pot. Simmer for 15 minutes.
Add the mushrooms, lime juice, dash of stevia and tomatoes to the pot. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
Garnish with cilantro. Splash of wheat-free tamari if additional salt is desired.