Eat this spicy snack during the Total 10 Rapid Weight-Loss Plan. The protein in the chickpeas will help you feel fuller, longer. Plus, the combination of citrus and spices keeps your taste buds guessing without having to resort to the vending machine for a fast snack.
- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas (also called garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed and blotted dry
- 3 to 4 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp lime juice
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 to 2 tsp cumin
- Pinch of dried herbs of your choice or chopped fresh cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray it with cooking spray.
2. Spread chickpeas out in a single layer over the foil. Once oven is preheated, bake chickpeas for 45-50 minutes, stirring and flipping every 15 minutes or so.
3. Near the end of the chickpeas’ cooking time, combine oil, chili powder, lime juice, sea salt, and cumin in a medium bowl. Start with a low amount of the chili powder and cumin and then add more to taste. Whisk to mix.
4. When chickpeas are done, let them cool for just a minute before pouring them into the oil mixture. Stir to coat all the chickpeas well. Eat immediately, or store in an airtight container (after cooling completely) to eat later.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in 3 Things Doctors Are Worried About Now.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!