Makes 2 servings
- 1/2 lb refrigerated whole wheat pizza dough
- canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup part skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 red or green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- fresh basil for garnish
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- cornmeal for sprinkling
- flour for dusting
- olive oil for coating pan
Pre-heat oven to 450°F. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a 12-inch circle, keeping the edges thicker to form a rim. Place the dough on a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake for 7-10 minutes, just until starting to lightly brown. Remove crust from oven and flip over.
Spoon crushed tomatoes evenly over crust and season with salt and pepper. Add your desired veggies, including peppers, onion, spinach and mushrooms. Top with mozzarella and pecorino romano cheeses. Bake until cheese is melted and veggies are tender to crisp, about 10-15 minutes.
Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.