- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp white peppercorns
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp turmeric (ground)
- 1 head of cauliflower, cored and broken into small florets
- sea salt
- 1 medium shallot, sliced and separated into rings
- 4 kumquats, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (or other gluten-free grain)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small skillet toast coriander seeds, and peppercorns over mid to high heat until fragrant about 30 seconds.
Put in a spice grinder when cool and grind to a powder, and put in a small bowl, stir in olive oil, garlic, turmeric.
On a large baking sheet, drizzle the cauliflower with olive oil and toss to coat, season with salt and roast for 25 minutes until tender.
Put in a serving bowl, add shallot rings, kumquats, and cilantro and toss well, pour over quinoa. Serve hot or warm.