The most unhealthy part about fries is not the carbs and potatoes but rather the frying and frying oil. Give these baked veggie alternatives a try as a delicious side to any meal!
- 1 lb turnips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Peel turnips and cut into 1/2-inch sticks.
3. Coat turnips with coconut oil (or olive oil) and spices, making sure turnips are tossed well. Spread turnips in single layer over a parchment-lined baking sheet.
4. Bake for 30 minutes, flipping at 15 minutes.
5. Increase heat to 450°F and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!