- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups basil, packed
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup canned artichoke hearts, chopped
- lemon zest from 1 lemon
- basil leaves, for garnish
- drizzle of olive oil, for garnish
Rinse quinoa and combine with water in a pot, uncovered. Bring to a boil, turn down to a simmer and cover. Cook for 15 minutes. Turn off heat and let sit on stove, still covered, for 5 more minutes. Fluff with fork.
Combine all pesto ingredients in a food processor and blend. Leave slightly chunky.
Stir 1/2 cup pesto into quinoa and add toppings and garnishes. Enjoy!